Grain sucked a woman and her nephew

(ORDO NEWS) — On a farm near Johannesburg, South Africa, a woman and her nephew fell into a grain silo and died. It is reported by Metro.

13-year-old Kernils Rautenbach fell into a vat of grain while playing with a friend and began to call for help. The screams were heard by his aunt, 33-year-old Jackie Rautenbach.

She tried to pull her nephew out, but she slipped and fell into the vat too. Although Jackie’s husband was nearby, he was unable to help either her or Kernils.

The grain sucks people in like quicksand, and it is almost impossible to get out of it on your own. If a person drowning in it is not saved, he will die from suffocation.

Other farmers said that when the relatives were trapped, everyone was busy and found the woman and teenager too late.

Medics were called to the scene and they pronounced the Rautenbachs dead. The police are investigating the circumstances of the death. Detectives believe the relatives died in an accident.

Earlier it was reported that in Ohio, USA, three brothers fell into a cesspool on a livestock farm and died.

Cesspools can release dangerous gases such as hydrogen sulfide, methane, carbon monoxide and ammonia, which can lead to nausea, headaches and dizziness in low concentrations and difficulty breathing and death in high concentrations.

Online:

Contact us: [email protected]

Our Standards, Terms of Use: Standard Terms And Conditions.