(ORDO NEWS) — You can listen to stories about the effects of coffee on the human body for a very long time. Some of them openly indicate that the drink is harmful and dangerous, others on the contrary. For example, a recent survey of people found that caffeine reduces the risk of skin cancer.
This is reported by the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.
Benefits of coffee – several interesting facts
Coffee can have a number of beneficial effects on our health. Here are some interesting facts about the benefits of coffee include:
- Improves mood : Caffeine can improve mood and help fight stress and depression.
- Boosts Metabolism : Caffeine boosts metabolism, which can help speed up weight loss.
- Improves memory : Some studies have shown that caffeine can improve memory and reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Reduces the risk of developing diabetes : Regular coffee consumption can reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Improves physical endurance : Caffeine can improve physical endurance and increase performance during exercise.
- Reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular disease : Some studies have shown that drinking coffee can reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
However, it should be remembered that the use of caffeine has its own side effects and can interact with other medications. In addition, people who suffer from insomnia, arrhythmia or high blood pressure should limit the amount of coffee consumed.
Does coffee really protect against skin cancer?
American scientists conducted an experiment. They managed to interview 450,000 people. Volunteers answered questions about coffee and their lifestyle.
According to the results of the survey, 2,904 people were battling melanoma. A more detailed analysis of the answers led to a surprising conclusion: coffee can indeed reduce the risk of skin cancer, but for this you need to drink 4 cups of the drink a day. And there is a nuance here, because not all people can consume such a large amount of caffeine.
The American Society of Oncologists shared some interesting observations. In addition to reducing the risk of skin cancer, coffee is an excellent prevention of other types of oncology, such as throat, larynx, and kidney cancer. At the same time, the society notes that the risks are reduced by 38%.
Contact us: [email protected]