(ORDO NEWS) — Specialists distinguish several types of cancer of the tongue depending on the location of the malignant tumor: if it is located on the front of the tongue, then it is oral cancer, and if at the base of the tongue is oropharyngeal cancer. In some cases, education can be felt.
You can feel discomfort with cancer of the oral cavity, while cancer of the nasopharynx proceeds much more imperceptibly. You can easily skip the first signs and symptoms. If you experience tinnitus from time to time, consult a doctor immediately.
Otherwise, you will not notice the development of the disease until the critical condition and the large size of the tumor itself.
In addition to discomfort in the ears, a bad breath can also be a symptom, although it is often a consequence of many other diseases, including the gastrointestinal tract.
According to oncologists, an unpleasant odor occurs in the morning, and it differs in other odors. Even after brushing your teeth, the problem remains: bacteria settle on the tumor and over time, their presence becomes more noticeable.
It is worth paying attention to the following symptoms:
- the wound that appeared near the mouth does not heal;
- spots of red or white color appeared on the gums and mucous membranes;
- the presence of an obvious lump in the oral cavity;
- there was a feeling that something was stuck in the throat;
- the voice changed a little, hoarseness arose;
- from time to time the mouth or only the tongue goes numb;
- occasional pain in the mouth and throat.
It is important to note that the presence of some symptoms does not necessarily indicate cancer: they can be a consequence of other diseases. The only true option is to see a doctor.
Contact us: [email protected]