NOAA: there are more and more greenhouse gases

(ORDO NEWS) — The NOAA published an annual analysis of the level of greenhouse gas pollution in the Earth’s atmosphere for 2019.

The annual NOAA Greenhouse Gas Index, known as AGGI, is based on hundreds of air samples collected each year from the global NOAA Global Greenhouse Gas Observation Network. 5 greenhouse gases account for about 96% of the increased impact of climate warming since 1750. AGGI also tracks 15 secondary greenhouse gases responsible for the remaining 4%.

Each sample sample is carefully analyzed for the presence of different types of gases in the Global Monitoring Laboratory. Using a mathematical model, specialists on the basis of these actual data calculate the amount of heat that accumulates in the Earth’s atmosphere and in the oceans as a result of strengthening the greenhouse effect.

An AGGI value of 1.0 was assigned to the effect of warming caused by the increase in greenhouse gas concentrations measured in 1990. The year was chosen for the reason that it was the year of the Kyoto Protocol – an international treaty to reduce atmospheric pollution by greenhouse gases.

In 2019, the AGGI index rose to 1.45, which means that the amount of heat released to the atmosphere for reasons related to human activities has increased by 45% since 1990.

The obtained values ​​of the AGGI coefficient for 2019 confirm that the growth rate of CO2 in recent years has increased significantly.

Online:

Contact us: [email protected]

Our Standards, Terms of Use: Standard Terms And Conditions.