(ORDO NEWS) — The coronavirus has become the cause of the development of a real epidemic of mental disorders. In different countries, the rate of depression has increased markedly, and a huge number of people began to consume large quantities of alcohol more often.
This all had an extremely negative effect on the quality of sleep. It is reported by the NHS.
A social media survey was conducted on how the coronavirus affected sleep quality. It was attended by 990 people from 78 countries. All respondents were of different ages.
• More than 56% of people have all the main symptoms characteristic of insomnia.
• 65% have symptoms suggestive of depression.
• 20% of people complained that they began to fall asleep longer, and the quality of sleep at the same time significantly deteriorated.
• Two thirds of the respondents suffer from delayed sleep phase syndrome.
• Many have begun to have nightmares on a regular basis.
Also, some of the survey participants said that during the pandemic they began to sleep too much. The main reason for this is the loss of a job, family problems. 5% of respondents have more serious sleep problems due to coronavirus. They feel tired and drowsy during the day and cannot sleep at night.
To improve the quality of sleep, it is necessary to avoid stressful situations, not drink alcohol, exercise and monitor your diet. If the situation has become completely critical, then you cannot do without the help of a psychotherapist.
Contact us: [email protected]