WHO estimates airborne transmission of coronavirus

US, WASHINGTON (ORDO NEWS) — There is a chance of transmission of the new coronavirus through the air and from asymptomatic carriers, but most infections come by airborne droplets from people with symptoms of the disease, Michael Ryan, director of the WHO emergency health program, said at a briefing in Geneva.

“At the moment, many articles are published on the methods of asymptomatic transmission of the virus. It seems that in Singapore , they concluded that about 6% of infections from asymptomatic people. I will not dispute this, but it is clear that on the other hand, 94% of infections are from people with symptoms. So you need to look at what is the engine of this epidemic.

There is always the possibility of transmitting the virus from people without symptoms, there is always the possibility of transmitting the virus through the air. But in this case, we still believe that the pandemic engine is sneezing silt and coughing, or infected surfaces,” he said.

According to him, the WHO expert group is currently studying all possible materials in order to evaluate the effectiveness of the use of protective masks by healthy people. However, the priority remains the provision of surgical and special medical masks for doctors and medical professionals who are currently at the forefront of the fight against COVID-19.

The World Health Organization on March 11 announced an outbreak of a new coronavirus infection COVID-19 with a pandemic. According to the latest WHO data, more than 1 million cases of infection have been recorded in the world, more than 50 thousand people have died.

Online:

Our Standards, Terms of Use: Standard Terms And Conditions.

Contact us: [email protected]

The article is written and prepared by our foreign editors from different countries around the world – material edited and published by Ordo News staff in our US newsroom press.

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker