UFO contact in Falcon Lake ends with severe injuries for man

(ORDO NEWS) — Stan Michalak still vividly remembers his father returning home sick and wounded after something happened in the Falcon Lake forest in Manitoba on the long weekend in May 1967.

It was what turned his family life around and remains one of the world’s most famous UFO encounters.

“I saw him in bed. He didn’t look very well. He looked pale, haggard,” said Michalak, who was nine years old at the time and was allowed to see his father for a couple of minutes a day. after what soon became known as the Falcon Lake Incident.

“When I entered the bedroom, there was a strong stench in the room, like a terrible smell of sulfur and burnt oil. It was everywhere and it came from his pores. It was terrible”

Stefan Michalak was a mechanic by trade and an amateur geologist who liked to venture into the desert around Falcon Lake about 150 kilometers east of Winnipeg in search of quartz and silver.

On May 20, 1967, Stefan was near a quartz vein along the Precambrian Shield in the area when a 51-year-old man was frightened by a flock of nearby geese, who began to scream heart-rendingly.

Stefan looked up and saw two cigar-shaped objects with a reddish glow hovering about 45 meters away from him.

One descended, according to Stefan, landing on a flat piece of rock and taking on the shape of a disk. The other remained in the air for several minutes before taking off.

Believing it to be a secret US military experimental ship, Stefan leaned back in his camping chair and sketched it for the next half hour.

He then decided to approach, later remembering the warm air and the smell of sulfur as he approached, as well as the whirring of engines and hissing air.

He also noticed a door open on the side with a bright light inside and said he heard voices muffled by the sounds of the ship.

He said he yelled, offering a mechanic’s help if they needed it. The voices faded but did not answer, so Stefan tried his native Polish, and finally German.

But no one answered him.

He stepped closer and noticed the smooth, seamless metal of the ship. Then he peered out the bright doorway, pulling on the welding goggles he used to protect his eyes when he chipped rocks while searching for crystals and silver.

Inside, according to Stefan, he saw beams of light and panels with multi-colored flashing lights, but did not see a single living creature. As he walked away, three panels covered the doorway.

He reached out to touch the body of this apparatus, but the touch melted the fingertips of the glove he wore.

The ship then began spinning counterclockwise, and Stefan says he noticed a panel with a grid of holes. Shortly thereafter, he was struck in the chest by a jet of air or gas, which threw him backwards and set fire to his shirt and cap.

He tore off his burning clothes, and the ship took off and flew away.

Disoriented, Stefan wandered through the woods and vomited. He eventually returned to his motel room in Falcon Lake and then took a bus back to Winnipeg.

He was treated in the hospital for burns to his chest and abdomen, which later turned into raised, mesh-like ulcers. And for weeks afterward, he suffered from diarrhea, headaches, blackouts, and weight loss.

This case was officially investigated and the official conclusion from the US Air Force and other government agencies was the same – this incident has no explanation.

Items were later recovered from the meeting place, including Stefan’s glove and shirt, as well as some tools, which were subjected to a comprehensive analysis at the RCMP crime lab. What caused the burns could not be established.

At the landing site there was a circle with a diameter of about 5 meters, devoid of moss and vegetation growing on other parts of the same rock outcrop. Soil samples, along with clothing samples, were tested and found to be highly radioactive.

As well as pieces of metal found in cracks in the rock about a year after the incident. The metal somehow melted into the cracks.

Many of the items have been lost for a long time, as they were transferred through various authorities and institutions. However, the man’s son still has one of the pieces of metal, which remains radioactive today.

Stefan Michalak died in 1999 at the age of 83.


Contact us: [email protected]

Our Standards, Terms of Use: Standard Terms And Conditions.