US, WASHINGTON (ORDO NEWS) — The richest man in the world, Jeff Bezos, will become the first trillionaire in history in just a few years – and a pandemic will only help him in this, according to a recently published study in the United States. After its release, the name of the founder of Amazon fell into the trends of Twitter – and not everyone is happy for the billionaire
Money Jeff Bezos suddenly attracted the attention of Twitter users. The reason was the assertion that the richest man in the world would be the first trillionaire, including due to a pandemic caused by a surge in demand, which led to a sharp increase in Amazon shares.
- Bezos’s name appeared on Twitter after Wednesday’s publication of Comparisun’s small business advisory service study . It stated that by 2026, Bezos’s fortune could reach $ 1 trillion.
- The company analyzed the market capitalization of the most expensive companies on the New York Stock Exchange and the fortunes of the 25 richest people in the world according to Forbes. According to research, the second-largest trillionaire after Bezos will be a developer from China, Xu Jiayin.
- But Bezos is still far from being a trillionaire. At the time of publication, Forbes estimates the fortune of the 56-year-old entrepreneur at $ 143 billion. This is noticeably more than in March: then the capital of the billionaire was estimated at about $ 125 billion.
- Bezos owns 11.2% of the world’s largest online retailer Amazon. Analysts believe that Amazon will become one of the few beneficiaries of the pandemic, as the demand for online purchases, streaming services and delivery is growing rapidly.
- In the first three months of this year, Amazon sales exceeded $ 75 billion. For comparison: a year ago over the same period they amounted to $ 60 billion. The likelihood that the second wave of the epidemic will begin and quarantine will be introduced again will support the high demand for the company’s services in the future.
- Bezos first hit the Forbes 400 ranking of the richest Americans in 1998, four years after he founded Amazon. At that time, his net worth was valued at $ 1.6 billion.
- The company has been criticized by former employees (both office and warehouse) for allegedly silencing them when they reported a lack of protective equipment. Amazon dismissed many critics, saying they violated company policies.
- In February, Bezos sold part of his Amazon stock for $ 4 billion.
- The researchers ’prediction that a pandemic will accelerate Bezos’s transformation into a trillionaire has sparked debate among Twitter users. The reaction of people is different – while some express irritation that the rich only get richer during the crisis, others speak respectfully to the self-made businessman.
Jeff Bezos is about to become the world’s first trillionaire while we’re about to enter a depression pic.twitter.com/901vsfmD5p
— Thomas Moore (@Thomas_A_Moore) May 14, 2020
If Jeff Bezos paid his fair share of taxes and paid his workers a starting salary of 80k a year, gave them awesome healthcare, 6 weeks vacation, maternity leave, and sick pay, I might be slightly less disgusted by his trillionaire status.
— The USA Singers (@TheUSASingers) May 14, 2020
Jeff Bezos in 1994. You guys can hate that he is going to be the first trillionaire but he definitely worked for it 🤷🏽♂️ pic.twitter.com/YAX9vYdE1K
— Chax (@chaxsells) May 14, 2020
Contact us: [email protected]