US, WASHINGTON (ORDO NEWS) — The harm from using microwave ovens is greatly exaggerated. The director of the Ecology of Living Space laboratory, environmental expert Anton Yastrebets said this in an interview with Radio Sputnik.
The specialist explained that the popular belief that a product is exposed to radiation in a microwave oven is just a myth. According to him, high frequency electromagnetic radiation is generated inside the furnace, which leaves no traces on food.
Nevertheless, the microwave oven emits weak electromagnetic radiation, like any other electric device. Therefore, when the microwave is turned on, it is worth moving away from it for one and a half to two meters.
Earlier, dietitian Elena Solomatina listed foods that cannot be heated in a microwave. She believes that many products lose their beneficial properties when heated, and sometimes turn into poisons. In particular, vitamin C in the microwave simply breaks down to harmless components, and, for example, unrefined oils are oxidized and converted into a carcinogen.
Contact us: [email protected]