(ORDO NEWS) — Authorities in Singapore are investigating whether the two cases of typhoid fever are related to eating in a store.
The Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Singapore Food Agency (SFA) said two people fell ill after food was cooked at Hooi Kee Eating House on Clemenceau Avenue in a shopping mall in Singapore.
Both people ate at this location several times between January 2 and 18. They were later hospitalized. One of them was discharged and the other is in stable condition in the hospital.
SFA has suspended food production at Hooi Kee Eating House until further notice.
The agency advised people who ate food from the Hooi Kee Eating House and then developed a prolonged fever to consult with their therapist and tell the doctor their food history.
Typhoid fever is a bacterial infection caused by Salmonella typhi. Items that may be contaminated include raw or ready-to-eat foods such as raw milk or milk products, seafood, and fresh foods including fruits and vegetables.
Contact us: [email protected]