(ORDO NEWS) — Acute respiratory conditions are easy to catch in military settings, as many people spend a lot of time in shelters, sleep poorly and eat unbalanced meals, which in turn weakens the immune system.
According to the Center for Public Health, an increase in cases of acute respiratory viral infections (ARVI) has recently been recorded, which is typical for this period of the year. The implementation of certain measures can have a real impact on reducing the risks of transmission of SARS between people.
ARVI symptoms appeared: what to do
If you feel the first symptoms of a cold, you should:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or the bend of your elbow when you sneeze or cough, and cough away from other people.
- Allocate yourself an individual bottle of water and dishes, do not share them with others, because you can infect them.
- Try to allocate a separate room for yourself, ventilate it often, limit contact with other people (especially those with chronic diseases and the elderly).
- While in shelter, wear a protective mask, if there is no mask, any dense fabric folded in several layers will do. Try to choose the most remote place from other people, if this is not possible, just turn away towards the wall.
If the disease begins:
- Drink at least a liter of warm liquid per day.
- If the temperature rises, there is aches or headaches: ibuprofen (400 mg for adults), drugs containing paracetamol (panadol, powders such as teraflu, pharmacitron, helpex), nimesulide, nimesil and nise.
- If you just have pain without fever, you can drink dexalgin, ketanov, ketolok and diclofenac / dicloberl.
- If there is a runny nose, then you need to rinse your nose with a saline solution or moisturizing spray: nosol, humer, aquamaris, etc.
- If the nose is clogged and it is hard to breathe, vasoconstrictor sprays will help: otryvin, nazivin, farmazolin.
- If you have pain in the throat and ear, you can take medicines that are at a temperature, as well as dissolve plates or lozenges.
In vaccinated SARS and COVID-19 pass in a few days. If you feel short of breath at rest, measure the saturation. The norm is 93%. To increase saturation, lie on your stomach and breathe deeply.
SARS during the war: when should you see a doctor?
The Public Health Center notes that it is necessary to seek medical help if it is not possible to bring down the high temperature, with medication for several days.
And also with the appearance of convulsions, vomiting, headache, shortness of breath, severe pain in the abdomen, ear, throat, impaired consciousness, fever for more than 3 days, a repeated increase in body temperature after several days of normal temperature.
Contact us: [email protected]