US, WASHINGTON (ORDO NEWS) — Strategic missile submarine cruiser Prince Vladimir, before being transferred to the Northern Fleet, began underwater tests in the White Sea. It is reported by Interfax with reference to the press service of the Northern Fleet on Saturday, May 16.
Since May 12, the crew worked in the water position, checking the navigation and maneuverability of the ship. “During the tests, the acceptance commission of the plant together with the crew checks the quality of eliminating previously identified comments and the operability of all systems and mechanisms of the submarine,” the press service said.
The bulk of the tests, including Bulava, Prince Vladimir intercontinental ballistic missile firing, took place at the end of 2019. However, at the end of December, a source in the military-industrial complex said that the delivery of the Navy submarine is planned in the first quarter of 2020.
In February of this year, the commander of the Northern Fleet, Alexander Moiseev, announced the imminent arrival of an underwater cruiser in combat. A source of Interfax notes that the submarine will be part of the Navy in June.
“Prince Vladimir” was built according to the improved project “Borey-A”. The submarine was launched in 2017. It belongs to the fourth generation of submarine nuclear powered ships created for the Russian Navy. From the first three Boreevs, the underwater cruisers Yuri Dolgoruky, Alexander Nevsky and Vladimir Monomakh, Prince Vladimir is less noisy, with advanced maneuvering and retention systems at depth, as well as weapon control, Interfax notes.
Contact us: [email protected]