US, WASHINGTON (ORDO NEWS) — Recently published “hazardous situation reports” with information about the meeting of US Air Force aircraft with “unidentified aerial phenomena” contain details about incidents in the air. They were in the spotlight after the Pentagon officially removed the privacy stamp last month and published videos of three such meetings.
“The unknown aircraft appears to be small in size, about the size of a suitcase, and its color is silver,” the March 26, 2014 incident report said.
During another meeting, the F / A-18 naval fighter “approached a distance of 300 meters (1000 feet) from a flying object, but could not identify it accurately,” the report said. It also says that the pilot of the Navy “tried to restore visual contact with this aircraft, but could not do it.”
CNN received at its disposal the documents of the Navy Safety Center, which previously had the signature stamp “For official use”.
They appeared after the Pentagon officially published last month three short videos of “unidentified aerial phenomena” that were previously published by a private company.
Initially, these videos were published on the Drive website, which deals with automotive and military matters, and he received them as a result of a request with a link to the Freedom of Information Act.
In these videos, apparently, you can see unidentified flying objects that quickly move in space during recording with infrared cameras. Two videos contain the enthusiastic response of the naval pilots about the speed of movement of these objects. One of them suggests that this may be a drone.
These objects could be drones
Newly published reports seem to share this assessment, defining many unidentified aircraft as “Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS),” and this is the Pentagon’s official name for drones.
As follows from another message, in November 2013, the pilot of the F / A-18 naval fighter “saw with his own eyes a small aircraft. Its wingspan was approximately 1.5 meters (5 feet), it was white, and it had no other notable features. ”
“Due to its small size, this aircraft has been identified as an unmanned aerial system (UAS),” the report emphasizes.
The report on the incident on June 27, 2013, notes that the observed “aircraft was white in size and approximately the size of a drone or missile.”
These reports indicate that the military identified these objects as drones, but they could not establish their operators. At the same time, drones of this kind pose a great danger to naval fighters making training flights in the area, which is a restricted access zone off the east coast of Virginia for training flights.
“After these flights, the control department turned to numerous local drone operators, but none of them knew anything about any unidentified aircraft,” the November incident said.
“In my opinion, this is only a matter of time, if we talk about the likelihood of a collision in the air of our F / A-18 fighter with some unidentified drone,” one of the authors of this message notes.
“In many ways, drones are a greater danger in the air than manned aircraft. Often they are more difficult to notice visually or with the help of radars than manned vehicles, ”the message emphasizes.
There is also the possibility that such drones can be controlled by hostile forces such as Russia or China, trying to obtain information about US military operations.
The U.S. Navy now has formal instructions on what pilots should report when they think they have noticed some unidentified flying objects.
Video recordings of meetings with unidentified objects were first published between December 2017 and March 2018 by To The Stars Academy of Arts & Sciences, co-founded by Tom DeLonge, who claims to be one of his tasks studying information on unidentified air phenomena.
Truth is out there
The Pentagon previously studied similar materials about meetings in the air with unknown objects as part of the now-closed secret program, which was launched at the initiative of former Senator from Nevada Harry Reid. It began to be implemented in 2007 and, according to the Pentagon, was closed in 2012 after the conclusion that there are more important priorities that require funding.
Nevertheless, Luis Elizondo, the former head of this secret program, said in a conversation with a CNN correspondent in 2017: he is personally convinced that “there is very strong evidence that we may not be alone in this the planet. ”
“These aircraft – we will call them devices – demonstrate such characteristics that neither American nor any foreign aircraft possess,” said Elizondo, referring to the objects he studied. According to him, he left his post at the Pentagon in protest against the secrecy surrounding this program, as well as because of the internal opposition regarding its financing.
Contact us: [email protected]