US, WASHINGTON (ORDO NEWS) — Johns Hopkins University and the Worldometer counter reported overcoming the bar of 1 million patients recovered from coronavirus – the counters recorded 1.1 and 1.04 million cured people, respectively.
The small difference in testimony is due to the fact that research groups use different sources of information, explains Business Insider.
According to both trackers, more than 2 million active cases of coronavirus remain on the planet – these are people with a positive test result for COVID-19, who are now fighting the infection. Most cases around the world are mild.
Lethal outcomes are almost four times less than cases of recovery – about 233,000.
- US: 1 million cases of infection; 63,800 deaths; 156,000 recovered.
- Spain: 240,000 cases of infection; 24,500 deaths; 138,000 recovered.
- Italy: 205,000 infections 27,900 deaths; 76,000 recovered.
- Russia : 114,431 cases of infection; 1,169 deaths; 13,220 recovered.
- China, where the outbreak began: 82,800 cases of infection, 4,600 deaths; 77,600 recovered.
The main symptoms of coronavirus, doctors call fever, dry cough and shortness of breath. Residual cough, fatigue, and sometimes a decrease in lung function persist in many patients even after a confirmed recovery.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org