(ORDO NEWS) — Since the late 1940s, a 2.5-kilogram cube of uranium has been stored in one of the US atomic laboratories. The history of its appearance there has already been forgotten, and only recently experts have paid attention to the mysterious artifact.
An investigation showed that it was one of 664 uranium cubes that were used for the German experimental reactor B-VIII, launched in 1944. With the approach of the Allied troops, the installation was destroyed, and the cubes were buried.
Some of them were found, and among other trophies of the “Nazi nuclear project” they went to the United States. One of these artifacts was found in the PNNL laboratory.
Contact us: [email protected]