(ORDO NEWS) — In response to a request from the US Congress following the April Cambridge Analytica scandal, Facebook revealed all of its methods of collecting information about social network users. This required a 222-page document. He describes different ways of collecting data, from those that we had guessed to, to those that we did not even know about.
Of course, you might suspect that Facebook monitors how much time you spend on social networking pages. She keeps track of the purchases you make. Below are some really amazing things from a company document.
- Facebook records the movement of your lips. This helps the company make sure you are not a robot.
- Another way Facebook helps ensure that you are human is by recognizing whether the browser window is on top or behind other windows.
- Facebook collects information about your devices. But this is not only information about the device model and the version of the operating system. The company is interested in knowing your battery level, cellular signal strength, and available memory.
- Of course, information is collected not only about the operating system, but also about the browser, installed plugins, and even file names.
- The company also knows information about your cellular operator, Internet provider, IP-addresses, cookies, time zone and connection speed.
- In some cases, the company collects information not only about your device, but also about those devices that are on the same network or nearby.
- Facebook knows the Bluetooth devices, Wi-Fi hotspots and cell towers available to your device that are within range.
- In addition to information from GPS, camera and photo gallery, on Android Facebook can receive call list and SMS history.
- Finally, Facebook is aware of the apps you use and the accounts.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org