(ORDO NEWS) — A stereotype has formed that potatoes are a harmful product. Nutritionist Duane Mellor from the University of Aston (UK) has debunked the myth. In fact, potatoes are very healthy and recommended for consumption. Reported by The Conversation.
Overeating is dangerous, that is, an excess of calories. The benefits / harms of a root vegetable depends on the cooking method. If potatoes are consumed in moderation in food, the body will receive valuable vitamins and nutrients. Dwayne Mellor told about this. He named 6 reasons why potatoes are considered a healthy product:
- Vitamin C – A nutritionist said that one medium-sized fruit replenishes 15% of the daily requirement of this vitamin.
- B6, which is extremely important for the normal functioning of the body. Incredibly, 1 potato ¼ of your daily value for pyridoxine.
- Potassium is extremely important for the normal functioning of the heart. The dietitian recommends eating baked potatoes.
- Choline – affects carbohydrate metabolism, participates in the structure of cells, dilates blood vessels. In terms of the amount of this substance, potatoes are second only to meat and soybeans.
- A beneficial starch to protect the stomach and intestines.
- Gluten free.
It is also worth noting that this root crop can be germinated on all continents. It is inexpensive and available all year round. It can be eaten raw, boiled, fried, baked. All in all, this is a unique culture that should always be on the dinner table.
Contact us: [email protected]